Pages

Thursday, April 16, 2009

Dolla Bin "Styles You Can't Afford"

My week has been made. Ups, downs etc. Taxes due... how the phawk do I owe cash when I don't make cash? Anyway, taxes, life, bills, stress... dude I work with lost his moms. (RIP) So the week has been all over the place and as I'm slowly working my way toward Friday I see some light at the end of the tunnel.

BLAM... check the email after running around all day and there's an email from Ian Head. "Styles You Can't Afford" is out!!!! You honestly have no idea how much I've been asking these cats about when the LP was going to be dropped.

Don't know if ya'll have heard of these peeps, but it's a duo Verbal Math on the rhymes and DJ Ian Head on the beats. They're honestly some of the dopest ish I've just stumbled across through this myspace generation. (to quote the liner notes in my LP) They put out a classic EP about 2 years ago and I've been waiting for a long minute to hear their LP. I've bumped their EP soooo much it's not even funny. Ian and Verb are of likeminds when it comes to hip hop, diggin' etc. so it's no shock I was all over it.

Do yourself a favor and cop it, you can DL it for free at... http://everydaybeats.net/ or www.dollabin.com

You can also DL their "One More Crate" EP. Some dope ish, don't sleep.

PS For my Indy cats, peep City 2 City and hear him talk about Indy and Missin Link. HAHA "Got my hands grungy in the land of Tony Dungy"

No comments: