Pages

Sunday, October 24, 2010

BRAINS!!!!!! (sneakers, zombies and wack costumes)

It's that time of year to dust off the Halloween Pro-Keds and kick it.  Yep, Fall is in full effect.  Just before I was going to head out on Saturday I realized that there was that brief window of time that I could still rock those kicks.  BLAM!!!  Went back to the closet and pulled out these bad boys. 

Now, I'm not a HUGE sneaker head, BUT I do have a few pairs of shoes that I keep in the box and rotate with what I'm doing.  These bad boys I copped off of ebay because they were out of season.  F-R-E-S-H!!!  I'm not a big fan of orange and most people aren't, but the Jack-O-Lantern and Headless Horseman on the side are ILL!!! 




Another thing that's cool about these kicks are that when you open the box the tissue paper on the inside has blood splatters on it.  HAHAHA  Just dope!  Knowing how much I love these kicks, I should see if I can cop the other limited Halloween joints they made.  (Friday the 13th and Dracula kicks)

Speaking of blood on my sneakers...

Classic track!!!!!!!



After donning the shoes and having a full day, Kath and I went to Broad Ripple to get  dinner and were greeted by a sea of humanity... or zombies that is.

I knew in Ballard they would do zombie walks, but I never happened to be around when one popped off.  I grabbed my phone and hit record. 

Please note: Zombies will break character for beer.



After the large throng went past we made our way closer to our destination and saw more of them waiting on the other side of the street.  Please note: Zombies apparently obey traffic laws.






Even in large numbers zombies will allow oncoming traffic through their large mobs.  Interesting.





Outside of the sneakers I will not be doing anything special for Halloween, but I will show you one of the wackest costumes I have ever worn.  Now I don't remember this costume at all, but I always remember the picture in one of those incredibly embarrassing photo albums your mom makes to show your girlfriend.  The best part of this costume was the fact that my mom obviously was working hard on it because she crocheted the mask/wings.  Now that's not what's funny, what IS funny is that she just plain said, "forget it" and threw a garbage bag over me to finish the costume.

Now this is just ONE example of all the wack costumes I've worn over the years.  There was the one year I went as a vampire.  Now I didn't have a vampire costume, I had a poncho with a picture of Dracula on it and vampire fangs.  I couldn't talk with them in my mouth so I either had to mumble "trick or treat" or take them out of my mouth.  Then there was the year I wanted to be Batman and we got the "bootleg" Batman costume that my mom altered because she thought it was TOO dark to be wearing at night and sewed a large Batman logo with glow in the dark puffy paint on the cape.  (hey mom... see picture above for example of a dark costume... honestly a black garbage bag isn't going to say, "Hey driver, don't hit me.")

I could go on and on, but I don't have any pics for ya'll.  (I digress)

Anyway, have a Happy Halloween suckas!!!!!!!!!!

No comments: