Pages

Monday, May 28, 2012

Rhyme Commission - Poetry In Motion

A few months ago, I was asked by Po' Safe and Big Fletch to drop a verse on a track called "Hall of Famers."  I myself kind of quit following a lot of sports after I really got into music.  (around 5th grade)  Back then the Kingdome was the reigning stadium in Seatown and the Sonics hadn't moved to OK.  So what was I to do?  I spat about what I knew, Seattle sports back then and honestly I really dug how the song turned out.  Little did I know they were working on a full length project and little did I know it'd be out so quickly. 

"Poetry In Motion" is Rhyme Commission's latest LP and it's chock full of Po' Safe's chopped beats and Fletch's rhymes.  When I put this in the deck it honestly put me in the mood to pull out my Dilated Peoples and D.I.T.C. records.  If you're a fan of some classic boom bap... do yourself a favor and support the duo.  

No comments: