Pages

Saturday, July 26, 2014

Azariel Levvi - Madison Ave

I was introduced to Azariel Levvi through Heretic.  We were chopping it up and he was telling me that I should link up with this cat he knew because he had that "Golden Era" vibe that would compliment the stuff I was working on.  I watched the video he had for "It's Like That" and heard some of his tracks and was feeling what he was doing.  I was honestly impressed.  This cat is doing what I was trying to do at his age and in my opinion... better.

Emails back and forth, projects stacked, life... it just kind of stayed there.  It honestly wasn't until my hand was kind of forced to make me make time.  (and it was a good thing)  Az, hit me up and was like, "you wanna work on a song?"  "Yeah, sure, " I said and I was honestly down, but it was kind of that "I'll get to it when I get to it" things.  And then as I was busy putting out the fires in front of me, he emailed Heretic and me, "yo... I booked studio time on Monday."  So... it was on and in many ways working with a date instead of a loose deadline gave me more focus.  (but that song is another story)

Not too long ago, Azariel dropped this joint on his soundcloud page and when I pressed play, all I could do was say, "damn..."  "Madison Ave" starts off as a reminiscing track about his younger days, but as it progresses, it turns into an amazingly personal song.  Vulnerable... deep... and simply dope.

Check this cat. 



https://twitter.com/TheOneOutCome

No comments: