Pages

Saturday, May 22, 2010

Ol' School demos (SYA... it's the click)

These are some of the old demos from the original group I was in back in the day. We all grew up in the same neighborhood and knew each other since we were at least 10 years old. The original group was made up of my man Keith (B-Wyze) his twin brother Kenneth (Kenny Mac) & myself... (at the time I went by Negative) Through middle school and high school we held it down. Our group was originally called the "Sycotics" (yes misspelled on purpose) Then we became "S-Y-C" for short and when we added some unofficial members that were in a group called "Young Assassins" we finally became "S-Y-A." (Sycotic Young Assassins) Did we rhyme about being crazy or anything? NO. HAHA We were just on some cipher/pass the mic type ish. Basement... freestyling... comp book writing... lunch table beating ish. We kind of were like the Wu-Tang in school. Not as in style, but as in we were a group that had all these spin off groups and unofficial members.

Is You Gonna Come Wit (97)

This is some straight pass the mic demo ish. Seriously... no 4-track, I just had a mic plugged into a mixer and tape deck. We'd spit in the mic and pass it when we were done with our verse. This track features Keith and myself along with our man Justin, who was part of the crew.


SYA- Is you gonna come wit 97 by Dawhud

Look, Listen & Focus (97)

You may notice that this beat and... I think my verse are what ended up becoming "T.E.C.H." This demo was done the same day as we did the "Is You Gonna Come Wit" track. Same thing... pass the mic and spit. HAHA I think I actually was holding my sampler and triggering the samples while we were recording.

SYA- look, listen & focus 97 by Dawhud

It's the Click (98)

This track we did on my Yamaha SU-10 sampler and a Tascam 4-track. This features all 3 original members and was one of my fav tracks we did back in the day. I think Keith recycled one of the verses from one of the other demos for this track. I helped write part of Ken's verse right before we recorded it. HAHA

SYA-It's the Click 98 by Dawhud

Do You Wanna Rock Wit Me (98)

This track has been one of my favorite jammies of all time. I put it up on my myspace page a while ago. I'm not on the track, but I did the beat. We did this track from start to finish in the process of a few hours. (from sample, to beat, to rhymes, to recording) I originally didn't want to make this beat because at the time there was all that Puffy jiggiy ish going on and I didn't want to make music like that. After the twins told me to trust them, I got down and made the beat. I'm glad they did because this track is bonkers. It is seriously a dope summer jammie.


SYA-Do you Wanna Rock Wit Me '98 by Dawhud

No comments: