Pages

Monday, May 17, 2010

When I say "Dub," not talkin' 'bout 20's

Some of you may have seen the teaser promo vid with a cameo of my dog Max showing a rough draft of “Dub Styles: Walkman Redemption” has been finished. Yes, after roughly 2 ½ years of writing, making beats, developing the project… it turning into two different projects and putting other projects on the backburner, “Dub Styles” is basically done. I’m now at the tweaking stage with perfecting mixes, changing little bits, rerecording and editing tracks before the project eventually will get mastered.

A very select number of individuals have been given a DL of the rough version to preview. (much like what I did with the 1st version of “Basement Sessions”) So far the response has been pretty good and cats are getting what I was trying to convey with the project.

The nice thing about this project splitting into other projects is that there shouldn’t be such a lag between the next LP/EP etc. Although I started writing for a follow up while I was still in the mixing phase of “Basement Sessions” I wasn’t expecting what happed to happen. (which ultimately slowed everything down) But, here we are, roughly in the same exact spot I was 3 years ago when I finished the 1st draft of “Basement Sessions.” (man, I can’t believe it’s been that long)

So what do we do now, where do we go and how can you get your mits on this? HAHA I haven’t quite figured everything out. Given the current climate of the music industry, CD, vinyl, digital… usb… I’m not sure what to do. Honestly, I’m still trying to square everything on “Basement Sessions” due to ish that ultimately pushed back its release 6-9 months. ($) Regardless I am hoping to have something, even if it’s a rough 1 track preview track available for these coming warm months. Bandcamp… Soundcloud… Rapidshare… we shall see. I’ve got some ideas, but I’m open to suggestions and would actually dig some feedback from you all on what you think regarding this project. (how you think it should be let out)

Support indie hip hop and art!!!

Easy

No comments: