Pages

Thursday, June 24, 2010

Ol' Remixes from the SP1200

These are some remixes I did with my SP-1200, Akai DPS12 and the vocal tracks straight off the 12". Most of these beats I did in college, but hadn't figured out what I wanted to do with the beats till I ended up throwing the vocals over them. In all honesty I still want to do something over the beat I used for the Shook Ones remix. In my opinion I think these remixes get the vibe of the original, but there will never be anything that will be better than the original.

Shook Ones

I've always dug this beat... I just think it's COLD!

Shook ones (Dawhud remix) by Dawhud

How Many Emcees

You can get the fist... whatever... but how many emcees must get dissed.

How many emcees (Dawhud remix) by Dawhud

PLO Style

This was a simple beat I did on the SP, but it just kind of had that dark vibe that a lot of the Tical LP had.

Plo style (Dawhud remix) by Dawhud

It Ain't Hard To Tell

This was the one remix I did from the jump as a remix. The other ones I just had beats and found vocals that went with the track. This one I thought out. I was thinking that the original was so dope because of the Michael Jackson vocal sample and that a remix would be able to get that feeling if it had that same vibe. Hence the vocal sample I used.

It aint hard to tell (Dawhud remix) by Dawhud

No comments: