Pages

Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Ol' School Demos Vol. 3

Here's another 3 joints from the vaults. I'm going to put all of these old demos together into a comp for you all to DL, so hold tight.

T.E.C.H. - (98)

This is the original 4-track version of T.E.C.H. You heard a rough version of the beat on one of the SYA demos. It eventually became this track and later on I gave the whole track the redux for the "Basement Sessions" LP. This was back when I went by the name "Chrome." It had nothing to do with being a baller... I just thought it was dope because there were those high quality tapes that had chrome in the magnetic tape. Now I've ran across several Down South rappers with the same name. HAHAHA This track has ALWAYS been the PEAK of my backpacker steeze. T.E.C.H. stands for The Elemental Chemistry of Hip Hop. Yeah... backpacker steeze... but then again I was 18. If I had a time machine I'd go back, slap myself and ask myself why the phawk I gave away my Dre CD.

Dawhud - T.E.C.H. (original 98 version) by Dawhud

Wild Style - O.G. 4 Track demo (98)

This was everybody's jammie, "Wild Style." Another track that got the redux for "Basement Sessions." This joint originally had 4 verses... what's up with that?! I rewrote a good portion of the rhymes for "Basement Sessions," but to this day I STILL will flip flop between the original and the new lyrics when trying to do the song. I did this track with my SU10 and recorded it on my Tascam 4-track. After I recorded the track I ended up performing it at the high school talent show and tore the roof off. This track has always got the party movin' and has always been one of my faves.

Dawhud - Wild Style (original version 98) by Dawhud

Most Don't Come Close - 4 track demo (98)

Before I knew what Skull Snaps "Brand New Day" was I was ALL about Gangstarr's "Take It Personal." I wanted to flip the drums and well... I admit I straight bit the drums off of the Gangstarr record. I was 18 and didn't know anything about all those unsaid rules about beatmaking and djing. I did this with my SU10 and to save time on the sampler I actually, put a loop together with all the samples, recorded it to tape and then RE-sampled into the SU10 so I could double my sampling time. It also gave the track an extra gritty sound to it. The rhymes are on just some, backpack, kill wack emcees, top 40 music is bullish. HAHA


Dawhud - Most Don't Come Close 98 by Dawhud

No comments: