Pages

Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Alright Baby!!!

Some of this is taken from my bio page.

Long story short I DJ'd in a trip hop band called "Detective Honey."  While I was in the band we had three different lineups and sounds.  The first was heavily produced and had a darker tone.  Melinda Baker did a large majority of the production including keyboards and guitar.  (she was amazing)  We had a Portishead, Massive Attack vibe and were part of the downtempo electronica scene in Seattle.  This version of the band only had one gig, but thankfully Michell Meyers, the original vocalist, had it recorded.

Detective Honey - Alright Baby (live at Toast) Dawhud by Dawhud

This is the ONLY version of this song that really exists.  (outside of some practice recordings)  This was the jammie that would turn the party out when ever we would throw this on.  Later on, as the group evolved, lineup changed, the song did too.

I'm hoping to up some more of the music we did.  Unfortunately some of the studio recording we did, the engineer messed up my tracks and they were all of beat.  BUT, I found the original versions of some of the tracks w/o my parts on them.  I may redo those cuts after all these years.  HAHA  Like Godfather III.

No comments: