Pages

Saturday, January 22, 2011

Ol' School Beat Tape for DL

Disks, drums and beat downs.
This is a collection of early beats made on my SP1200 and SU10.  (mostly from the SP 1200)  Some of these beats were later developed into remixes or tracks on the "Basement Sessions" LP. 

(Note: The cuts on this beat tape that became tracks from the LP are ones that are NOT available on the "Basement Sessions" instrumental version.) 

The majority of these beats were made between 1999 - 2001 and while I was developing my production style w/ the SP.  During this period I thought it was far easier to go digging, sample, sequence and make a beat than it was to sit down and write a song.  (or maybe I just wanted to make beats and DJ... or was bored with emceeing at the moment)    Who knows?

This was basically the 1st beat tape I circulated to people around the way and it really WAS a beat tape.  I would usually record all these tracks to a tape or minidisk and listen to them in my car.  (usually tape)  It wasn't until a few years later when every cat had a CD burner that I was able to bust it out on disk.  (which is what this rip comes from) 

Please NOTE:  THESE TRACKS ARE NOT MASTERED AND WERE ROUGH DEMO MIXES.  

BLAM!!!

Dig it and vibe out!

Get at me if you're interested in any of these beats for cleaned up/extended versions. 

No comments: