Pages

Monday, August 1, 2011

Seatown Approved!!!

The High Dive... all the way live!!!
Those of you that were unable to make it out to the High Dive on the 27th... it was a dope show. (period)  My man Ryan Fresh was on the 1's & 2's and Just Be picked up the mic again to rock the stage one more time.  It felt good to not only be back in Seattle, but to hit the stage here once again. 

We were the opening act at The High Dive & despite the placement kept it "top shelf" for the crowd.  We blessed the people with tracks from "Basement Sessions," "Dub Styles" and the "TransAtlantic" project.  The last time I did a show here in Seattle w/ Just Be it was 2008 & the tracks felt like we hadn't skipped a beat.

The gig was refreshing to connect with new artists in the 206 & to dive back into the scene.  (a reintroduction so to speak)  Although I've been aware of what's been going on in the scene, things have changed.  So, it was nice to see new faces doing what they love on stage and giving it their all.  (French Letters, Vice Versus & Token Folk.)

Just Be & Dawhud... From This Moment ON!!!
Although this gig was a homecoming for myself, it's served as a catalyst to spark interest in music for my friends.  Does that mean Just Be is going to get back on the mic?  I can't answer for him, but it was nice to share the stage with him again and do some of my favorite cuts together.  As for Ryan Fresh... I know he said he's interested in doing more shows & that's exactly what I want to do.  (more shows)

This gig is just the 1st of many now that I have returned to the land of raindrops.   

Your official when you're on a dive bar wall!

Peace to all the people, friends and the artists that came out.  French Letters, Vice Versus & Token Folk... ya'll rocked the spot!!!




Peep the vid.





No comments: