Pages

Wednesday, February 19, 2014

Heretic & S.O.S. - Renters & Owners

One of the many projects I'm working on at the moment is producing and DJing for Heretic and S.O.S.'s LP.  It started off with a beat here and a beat there and ended up snowballing into a full project.  I'm a big fan of artists using one producer to keep their project within the same sonic range, so I was down as it began to develop into an album.

The foundation for this beat was just chillin' on one of my SP1200 disks for years.  It sat, undeveloped till they mentioned wanting a beat to "smoke" to.  I quickly thought of the bass line/loop that I had just waiting for a long minute. So, after long last I finally developed and finished this beat.  Although I was thinking they wanted a beat to "smoke" to make a track about "smoking herb," Heretic & S.O.S. took the beat and turned it into joint about being involved in a scene as a "renter" or an "owner". 

Peep


No comments: