Pages

Friday, September 12, 2008

pop the tape in the DECK!!!!

Tapes... In the age of iPods and MP3s I'm actually bumping old tapes on my boombox. I remember a few years ago my man Carlos and I jokingly would hit up record shops and be like, "You got that new shit?.. ON TAPE?!" HAHAHA People would look at us like we were crazy.

On a side note... Up until about a year or two ago I would still bump the old mixtapes I made in like 99 because I didn't have a CD player in my car. AND now the CD player is busted with my Rakim CD stuck in it. It'd be dope if it was "Paid in Full," but it's his "Master" CD which has like 3 dope songs. HAHA

Funny thing is I got this dope shirt with a cassette printed on it. I don't know HOW many times I've been asked, "What is that?" Half the time its by people that are older than me and should know better, but every once and a while these "young cats" ask. Like damn... you're the reason why sh!tty demo tapes are now called mix-tapes... ya'll don't know nothing about TDK's or 3rd gen dubs of Evil D or Doo Wop. Get the phawk out of here with your mismatched clothes and tight jeans.

So, to bring back that vibe of old school mixtapes in the digital era, here's a dope mixtape circa 95-96 from B-Mello. (dope ish)


Side A:
http://www.zshare.net/audio/18071839df104e6f/

Side B:
http://www.zshare.net/audio/18071269499cd27c/


Peace

Dawhud

No comments: