Pages

Thursday, December 23, 2010

Christmas Jammies!!!

Heard this track a while ago and I've always thought it was pretty dope.  It's like a play on the whole, "I saw mommy kissing Santa Clause" yadda yadda.  I can dig it!



And I can't FRONT on this jammie.  1st off, Mayer Hawthorne is one of my fav artists.  Duke has soul and he FLIPPED this joint.  Well... I guess that's not really what he did, but I dig it.  In my opinion it seems like there's really only 10 Christmas songs and everybody covers them, but this is the exception to the rule.  99% of the time when you hear, "Christmas Time is Here" it's with the Charlie Brown kids and you can't understand a single word the kids are saying as it's blurred into the red.  Mayer Hawthorn put it down on this joint and I can't believe I've missed him AND Sharon Jones BOTH twice when they came to town.  (shaking head)

Mayer Hawthorne - Christmas Time Is Here by Mayer Hawthorne

And you CAN'T go wrong with this one!!!




Have a Merry Christmas, stay safe and keep diggin'.

No comments: