Pages

Sunday, December 5, 2010

Music Was The Gift That They Gave Me

Murder Was the Case Christmas 2XLP promo with colored vinly!
I will admit I am not a real big fan of Christmas music.  A lot of people, mostly women throughout my experience, seem to get that confused with hating Christmas.  I don't hate the Holidays, I just don't dig the music.  Working retail during the Christmas season gave me an overdose of Christmas music from the 1st day of November to December 31st.  Not only was it the same playlist over and over, but there was maybe a dozen songs in total that were being sung over and over with different artists.  You'd have the Britney Spears or Beyonce version of some classic that "Ol' Blue Eyes" sang twenty minutes ago over the P.A.  If you've had to endure this over the season while some middle aged woman give you sh!t because you didn't have a pair of boxers in her husband's size at 4:59pm on Christmas Eve, you know what's up.  I could easily turn this post into a bunch of stories of my retail past, but I'll save those for later.

MUSIC!!!  That's what's up and that's what I'm talking about.  So, as I mentioned, the Holiday music is kind of a grind to me, BUT I did want to share with you a VERY cool find that I actually forgot I had.  This isn't really a Christmas record, but it is a promo version of the "Murder Was the Case" album with a Christmas twist.  Just before the album was released and holiday season, they did a promo version of the album with holiday colors on the cover and colored vinyl.  It actually says, "Music was the gift that they gave me" on the cover, side and back.  (no barcode)  I know they did something like this when "Doggystyle" came out, as in colored vinyl, but I've never been able to get my hands on it.  I got this bad boy when I worked at 2nd Time Around in the U-District in Seattle.  As far as I can remember, they didn't do anything different with the track list, but regardless this pressing is badass!!!

Stay diggin'!

No comments: