Pages

Sunday, December 26, 2010

Couple new joints from upcoming projects

Here are a couple tracks from the projects I'm working on.  As you know I'm polishing up "Dub Styles," working on a follow up to "Basement Sessions," "Revisionist History" and... hopefully I'll be returning to the "TransAtlantic" project.  The 1st two were produced by Dee Supreme from Finland, the last track was produced by JustanotherDJ from the UK and I laid down the cuts on the tracks.  (and vocals obviously)

Swing (TransAtlantic)  "Dub Styles"  This was an 11th hour addition to "Dub Styles."  I had already done the rough mix, which some of you may have heard, but my man Dee Supreme hit me with this beat and I couldn't resist.  (I even say that in the track)  I was then thinking about saving it for a "vol. 2," but I then decided to add the cut to the project along with a couple other treats.  When the project is all said and done, it's going to be pretty dope.  If you heard the original version, the final version, when released will be more well rounded and cleaned up.  This track is a quick joint, two 8-bar verses... just a quick little jammie.  Dee Supreme has some serious heat.  He also produced the "Come Equipped" track which REALLY set off the "Dub Styles" project in the first place. 


Swing (TransAtlantic) by Dawhud

Connections (feat. Just Be)  "TransAtlantic"  Some people may have heard this, but it's kind of gotten lost in the shuffle.  Originally, this was going to be a project with Dee Supreme on the beats and Just Be and myself on the rhymes.  The concept was, Dee was in Finland, Just Be was back in Seattle and I was in Indy.  We would bounce tracks back and forth, but as we were working on the project, Corey aka Just Be decided that he wanted to hang the mic up.  We were then thinking about it being like how on the 1st Tribe album it was mostly Q-tip, but then on like one or two tracks Phife was rhyming.  Like... he's down, an official part of the project, but not going to be there for everything.  (Or would that be Jerobi?)  Anyway, this joint was what set off the project and we ROCKED this joint at the "Basement Sessions" release party. 


Connections (TransAtlantic) by Dawhud

Process "Untitled" This track you may have heard when I did the interview with "Tottaly Crushed Out"  JustanotherDJ produced the track, I laid down the vocals and cuts.  This track is all about the process of creating a track from start to finish.  Gear, time and software may have changed, but how I go about it hasn't really.  The 1st verse is actually about making a beat on an MPC2000 and loading it up into a DAW.  I take it from the record to the end.  The 2nd and 3rd verse are basically taking the "way-back" machine and showing how I did it then... SU-10, SP-1200, pause mixing etc.  I then go back and forth on the time line.  I was reading "The Watchmen" at the time and thought I'd do some "Dr. Manhattan" steeze, but if anyone picks up on that, I have no idea. 

Process prod. Justanother DJ (cuts & vox by Dawhud) by Dawhud

No comments: