Pages

Saturday, October 22, 2011

Mr. Kinetik - Clockwork 10:22

Just a couple months ago Mr. Kinetik blessed us with his opus, "Sounds of Soul" and in a short period of time he is back to bless us once again.  This time we're being treated with a "Donuts" style instrumental/mixtape project titled "Clockwork 10:22."  In this project we find Mr. Kinetik tackling the concept of time with a mishmash of classic soul samples, loops and movie clips. 

And as usual... he doesn't disappoint.  Ring the alarm and break yourself off with Mr. Kinetik's new joint.

From the Mr. Kinetik and ATFU's blog.

"I present to you, "Clockwork." This one is free for y’all, as a token of my appreciation for your support of my musical endeavors. This is a musical journey with a focus on…..well, just listen to it and let me know what you think."

"Clockwork" is a musical suite that relates to time, 10:22 (am or pm) to be specific. My homie and soundboard brotha Romer has this thing about the number 10:22 on the clock. Apparently, he sees it on the clock at very significant moments in life…repeatedly (Metaphysical stuff, see I Heart Huckabees for more). At any rate, 10:22 was the name of Romer’s blog (that Romer doesn’t really touch these days but that’s another conversation) and when we lived at our old spot, where I recorded much of the first bits of music anyone ever heard from me as a solo act, sure enough 10:22 would pop up randomly from time to time. The whole thing is really odd to me and I used to think Romer was fried, but really, it all makes sense and ties together. "Ebony & Ivory: Broken Keys Bear Sound" is a project I did that echoes the same ideology, along with "Saving All The Good Beats For Myself" (which will be released in time for the holidays as a remaster via Bandcamp and "Sounds Of Soul" as well."

No comments: