Pages

Thursday, March 10, 2011

Mergence - Foundation feat. Dawhud




Po'Safe of Mergence asked if I wanted to get down on a project he was working on with his crew.  It originally started of with a tweet asking for a one word idea/concept for a track.  I gave him a couple ideas along with "foundation."  By the end of the weekend he tweeted me and asked me if I wanted to throw down a verse on the track.  No question... it's on.  Before he even sent me the beat I had pretty much mapped out what I was thinking about writing for my verse.  What was my foundation?  What started this?  The verse pretty much says it all.  To quote Dead Prez, "it's bigger than hip hop," but at the same time, hip hop played a big part. 

Don't sleep on this project.  Eratic , from The Green Hornet EP, also threw down a nice verse for the project.  Slick beats, slick rhymes... a refreshing dose of boom bap as these cold months draw to a close.

No comments: